Friday, August 12, 2011

3 Days

So officially in 3 days time, I will begin student teaching. However just TODAY(!) I receive an email informing me that the CPEP and the Education department at my university have changed the requirements for student teachers.  Instead of having the Western Teacher Work Sample, we are now required complete the Teacher Progress Assessment which is a new kind of certification tool that states are now requiring. The lovely thing about this is that the specific guidelines for the TPA are NOT AVAILABLE at this time, so until we get them we are not supposed to conduct our.... modified work sample. However on the bright side, since this new TPA has so much more writing involved, we do not have to complete the second reflection paper required. I just don't know what to think right now.  I hope the guidelines come in soon....

Keep counting,
Your concerned student teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment