Thursday, August 11, 2011

Time

Time is such a fleeting idea. We think we have all the time in the world and then suddenly its gone. What was two months of freedoms and leisure is now 4 days. 4 days until I begin my last semester at my college.  This semester I am student teaching and I am absolutely looking forward to it, but I am also scared out of my wits. Do I really know everything that I need to teach? There aren't any more classes to take on classroom management? Can this really be happening right now?  The questions just keep coming.   I am still trying to get my head around the idea that this is my last semester before I graduate with a Bachelors. My last semester of  calling myself a student.  It is almost time, 4 months, for me to graduate and change my career heading from 'Student' to 'Teacher' or 'Librarian' depending on the route that I choose to take.  What happened to those days when I didn't have to worry about finding a job or paying bills. What happened to laying out in the sun reading a good book, making sleepover dates with your best girl friends? Now, its I hope I have everything ready for school.  I'm running out of time and it will be starting school. 

Now, to ease your nerves a bit, I am prepared for the start of student teaching. I maybe freaking out right now, but I know with time all things will take their course.  I have a really good mentor teacher for my last semester so I am extremely excited to see what it entails for me.  Just yesterday I filled out nameplate cards for all the students in my student teaching classroom.  I have actually been looking forward to Monday, the start of my last semester. My friends are starting their packing for college to complete their last semesters on campus or the start of their last year (like is the case for my boyfriend). They say I am lucky because I don't have to worry about what stuff to take with since I am spending my last semester at home with my family. I tell them yes I am lucky because I get to do what I love and I love teaching. 



No comments:

Post a Comment