Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August 16

Today was the first half day of school for the students.  My first technical day was yesterday. My mentor teacher and I did some last minute labeling this morning before we went out to get our students. We started the day off with a simon says game so the students could become familiar with the classroom. We also wrote 'I Can...' statements for what the students can do while lining up, walking in the hallway, and using the restroom. We also read several stories today including First Day Jitters and Franklin goes to School. The students were excited to to hear the stories. We then moved to gathering school supplies which turned out to be kinda funny. Students were pulling handfuls of gluesticks and pencils and erasers from their backpacks and coming up to us asking us where we wanted it when we had covered that particular item a couple minutes ago.

Tomorrow is the first full day of school, but the students get out 55 minute early (its that way for the rest of August). I hope that goes okay for us! The students get lunch tomorrow so lets hope they remember to pick their own lunch cards in the morning! I just got done designing absentee charts for the class. I also had my first experience dealing with BD (behavior) meetings.  My mentor teacher said I should be able to start doing read alouds soon in the classroom and then take over calendar math! :)

Save learning until next posting!
Miss Higgins

No comments:

Post a Comment